A huge need of young talents in the cybersecurity domain
The « digital Luxembourg » initiative, launched by the Luxembourg government in 2014, aims to strengthen the country’s position in the field of ICT. The « Future Hub » label, awarded to three high schools in the country, symbolizes the realization of this idea in high schools with a predominant technical and innovative focus.
The Luxembourg Government has developed a cybersecurity strategy responding to the challenges of the digital transformation of today’s society.
« Cybersecurity and data protection are two themes of crucial importance for the economy of tomorrow – the data economy » (FEDIL)
To meet the growing demand in IT and computing-related sectors, Luxembourg requires highly skilled and qualified professionals in the field of information security.
The Lycée Guillaume Kroll aims to provide these professionals by offering a contemporary, state-of-the-art training course in cybersecurity.
Presentation of the BTS Cybersecurity
You’ll find, under this link, the longer version of the presentation of the BTS Cybersecurity.BTS CS - long version
The BTS cybersecurity – brief overview
Advanced Technician‘s Diploma
(Brevet de technicien supérieur en Cybersécurité)
2 years – full-time – 120 ECTS
- CSIRT / CERT / SOC operator
- security engineer
- incident response analyst
- log analyst
- SECOPS / security engineering
- network security operator
- security administrator
- Operational security officer
- CISO assistant
- Security operations desk
- Junior pentester
Advanced technical and practice-based training, preparing students to implement and manage operational cybersecurity in a professional context according to the latest developments
BTS cybersecurity graduates will be able to:
- easily blend into operational security teams,
- implement and manage security at the system and network level,
- assist the information security officer as a technical advisor,
- possess the necessary knowledge to manage and analyse incidents,
- adapt to new security challenges.
- Possess a secondary school-leaving certificate or equivalent
- Pass the admission test and classify among the first 14 candidates
- Acknowledge and sign the ethics and security disclaimer
- Have a good understanding of English
12-week internship within a company at the end of semester 4. The internship should allow an easy integration into working life.
- 21 teaching hours per week
- many autonomous working hours, partly in the presence of a teacher.
Reduced class size
- 14 students per class
- Personal contact with teachers
- professional life
- further higher education studies at undergraduate level ( BAC+3 )
Cybersecurity is not solely about technology. It is also about governance and communication. Hence, the training program focuses on 5 different fields:
BTS Cybersecurity: 5 pillars & Course curriculum
The internship period starts on the first Monday of the Easter school holidays and ends on the Friday of the twelfth week following. The dates of the Easter school holidays can be found on the ministry’s website « Vacances et congés scolaires » https://men.public.lu/fr/vacances-scolaires.html
preparation for numerous internationally recognized certifications
- numerous external instructors from real-life businesses
- networking with local professionals
- contact to members of the Luxembourg Cybersecurity Ecosystem
- small classes with up to 14 students
- modern and adapted pedagogy for ICT
- practice-based training
- close guidance and individual support
- access to a dedicated classroom space outside of teaching hours
The admission examination consists of two parts:
- Practical part on the computer: questions on a technical document in English (Linux Introductory Online Course) and a test of basic knowledge of how to use a word processing software (MS Word or OpenOffice Writer of the candidate’s choice) and how to manipulate files using the Windows graphical interface. The questions will cover one or more sections of the online course. Access to the online course will be allowed during the examination. The aim is to check the candidate’s comprehension of English texts and his/her ability to learn by him/herself. We do not assume that the candidate must be an expert in the subject matter at this stage.
- Interview: Discussions to clarify the ambitions, motivations and pre-requisites (technical and language) of future candidates.
Dates of the entrance exams
The entrance examination will take place:
- Practical part: Monday 5th July 2023 from 16:00 to 18:00 at the LGK. The interview schedule will be distributed during the practical part.
- Interviews: Tuesday 4th July 2023 from 8:00 am at LGK, according to the schedule distributed the day before.
- The results of the entrance examination will be communicated by e-mail. The registration fee of 100€ and the participation fee of 250€ to have access to the online academies must be paid within the week of the publication of the results.
- The registration fee is 100 € per semester.
- +/-250€ per year for course materials & online subscriptions. Various course materials will be provided free of charge by a partner.
The total of 350€ is to be paid into the account BCEE LU06 0019 1955 4654 7000
Beneficiary: Trésorerie de l’Etat-SEGS-LGK, 32 rue Henri Koch L-4354 Esch-sur-Alzette avec la mention : « B1CYB Name LASTNAME ».
- Each student must purchase a laptop on his own. Minimal computer requirements:
- mobile computer. A tablet PC with a tactile display and a stylus is highly recommended,
- i5, dual core, virtualization must be supported,
- minimum 16GB RAM ,
- at least 256GB HDD or better SSD. 512GB would be preferable. In case of an HDD an external USB 3 SSD is highly recommended,
- an optional second power supply to leave at school.
We are already proud to say that all major players (both private and public) in the Luxembourg marketplace have committed and will participate in this project. Discussions are currently being held with additional potential partners. The list will certainly be extended.
Become a partner!
In order to fit the needs of the market and keep the content of the training up to date, we are convinced that it is extremely important to involve external speakers in the training. This is why we need you!
Participate actively by becoming a partner. Contribute with your experience to the training:
- suggest topics to be covered
- lecture on your area of expertise
- give talks on relevant topics
- organize workshops
- arrange visits on your premise
- Provide online resources
Every specialist is warmly welcomed. The more partners that actively participate in the training, the more views and perspectives are offered to the students regarding the various topics.
You are interested in participating to the projet? You want to give us a feedback? You want to have more information?
Do not hesitate to contact us by using the contact form below.