planned start sept. 2021
A huge need of young talents in the cybersecurity domain
The « digital Luxembourg » initiative, launched by the Luxembourg government in 2014, aims to strengthen the country’s position in the field of ICT. The « Future Hub » label, awarded to three high schools in the country, symbolizes the realization of this idea in high schools with a predominant technical and innovative focus.
The Luxembourg Government has developed a cybersecurity strategy responding to the challenges of the digital transformation of today’s society.
« Cybersecurity and data protection are two themes of crucial importance for the economy of tomorrow – the data economy » (FEDIL)
To meet the growing demand in IT and computing-related sectors, Luxembourg requires highly skilled and qualified professionals in the field of information security.
The Lycée Guillaume Kroll aims to provide these professionals by offering a contemporary, state-of-the-art training course in cybersecurity.
The BTS cybersecurity – brief overview
The project is in the process of accreditation and approval. Final approval is expected in early May 2021. Enrolments for the training will only start after this date. :.
Advanced Technician‘s Diploma
(Brevet de technicien supérieur en Cybersécurité)
2 years – full-time – 120 ECTS
- CSIRT / CERT / SOC operator
- security engineer
- incident response analyst
- log analyst
- SECOPS / security engineering
- network security operator
- security administrator
- Operational security officer
- CISO assistant
- Security operations desk
- Junior pentester
Advanced technical and practice-based training, preparing students to implement and manage operational cybersecurity in a professional context according to the latest developments
BTS cybersecurity graduates will be able to:
- easily blend into operational security teams,
- implement and manage security at the system and network level,
- assist the information security officer as a technical advisor,
- possess the necessary knowledge to manage and analyse incidents,
- adapt to new security challenges.
- Possess a secondary school-leaving certificate or equivalent
- Pass the admission test and classify among the first 14 candidates
- Acknowledge and sign the ethics and security disclaimer
- Have a good understanding of English
12-week internship within a company at the end of semester 4. The internship should allow an easy integration into working life.
- 21 teaching hours per week
- many autonomous working hours, partly in the presence of a teacher.
Reduced class size
- 14 students per class
- Personal contact with teachers
- professional life
- further higher education studies at undergraduate level ( BAC+3 )
Cybersecurity is not solely about technology. It is also about governance and communication. Hence, the training program focuses on 5 different fields:
BTS Cybersecurity: 5 pillars & Course curriculum
- preparation for numerous internationally recognized certifications
- numerous external instructors from real-life businesses
- networking with local professionals
- contact to members of the Luxembourg Cybersecurity Ecosystem
- small classes with up to 14 students
- modern and adapted pedagogy for ICT
- practice-based training
- close guidance and individual support
- access to a dedicated classroom space outside of teaching hours
Become a partner!
In order to fit the needs of the market and keep the content of the training up to date, we are convinced that it is extremely important to involve external speakers in the training. This is why we need you!
Participate actively by becoming a partner. Contribute with your experience to the training:
- suggest topics to be covered
- lecture on your area of expertise
- give talks on relevant topics
- organize workshops
- arrange visits on your premise
- Provide online resources
Every specialist is warmly welcomed. The more partners that actively participate in the training, the more views and perspectives are offered to the students regarding the various topics.
We are already proud to say that all major players (both private and public) in the Luxembourg marketplace have committed and will participate in this project. The partner list will be unveiled in 2020.
Become a student!
The project is in the process of accreditation and approval. Final approval is expected in early May 2021. Enrolments for the training will only start after this date.
Are you interested in becoming part of this exciting project?
Bookmark this page and visit it regularly to get the latest information.
You are interested in participating to the projet? You want to give us a feedback? You want to have more information?
Do not hesitate to contact us by using the contact form below.
Brief presentation of the BTS Cybersecurity project
You’ll find a brief presentation of the BTS Cybersecurity project. The project is in the process of accreditation and approval. Final approval is expected in early May 2021.BTS Cybersecurity